The cloudy sky didn’t hinder me from seeing the patches of farmlands as the plane began to land at the Bancasi Airport in Butuan City.
After an hour and 15 minutes, I have set foot on the home of the ancient boat, the balangay. I was so excited as this would be the start of my epic journey to Surigao del Sur.
I texted my travel buddy, J, but then he’s still an hour away from the airport. So I decided to meet him at the Langihan Terminal. I approached the Tourism Desk at the airport and asked where I can find the multicabs to Langihan Terminal. They said that I should ride the R4 multicab.
Locals started approaching me offering me a van ride for Php 100. I politely declined. Based on my research the Langihan Terminal is just a few meters away from the airport so Php 100 is not worth the ride. The van driver even discouraged me that I have to walk out of the airport to find the multicab but then again, I still proceeded.
He was wrong. Just a few steps away (maybe 20 steps) from the exit of the airport, I saw the multicab with the R4 sign waiting for passengers.
Yes! Success! My research has really helped me. I sat down and paid Php 20.00. So I did save Php 80.00 from riding the van.
Since the multicab is a public vehicle, it picks up passengers along the way. The ride took 20 minutes before we reached the Langihan Bus Terminal, where we would be taking our next ride to Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur.
How to get to Langihan Bus Terminal:
1. As soon as you arrive at the Bancasi Airport, walk to the parking lot and look for the R4 blue multicab.
2. Pay Php 20.00 fare to Langihan Bus Terminal
3. Observe the surroundings and after 20 minutes, voila, you’re now at the Langihan Bus Terminal.
- Travel time MNL-BXU: 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Travel time: Bancasi Airport-Langihan Bus Terminal- 20 minutes
- Langihan is pronounced as [La-ngee-han]
- Van Fare from airport to Langihan Bus Terminal- Php 100
- Multicab Fare from airport to Langihan Bus Terminal- Php 20
- Langihan Bus Terminal serves routes to Cagayan de Oro, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Davao City.
- There are also vans serving the same routes.
- Buses to Mangagoy, Bislig, Surigao del Sur are non-airconditioned
- Buses to Cagayan de Oro and Surigao del Norte are air-conditioned.
- Here’s a list of fares from Butuan City to different routes in Mindanao.
Special thanks to Mr. Edelito Sangco of IslandVacations.me for his article on commuting to Langihan Terminal.