Are you looking for travel deals? Cheap airfares? Packages for summer? Here are things you should expect when visiting the Travel & Tour Expo this weekend.
My calendar reminded me that February 17-19, 2012 are the dates for the PTAA Travel & Tour Expo 2012 at the SMX Convention Center. I’ve attended previous travel marts but this was the first time to attend PTAA’s hosted travel expo.
At around 10:30 am, we saw a long queue of people outside the SMX on the first day of the expo. I was not alone in marking that day. It’s a day to hunt for travel deals. For an entrance fee of Php 50.00, I got to roam around the booths offering international and domestic deals. But among the booths, the real winners were the airlines. People really lined up to buy fares from Cebu Pacific,AirphilExpress, PAL, Zest Air, and SEAIR.
Let’s start with the Philippines first. Here were deals that I found worth sharing:
- 2GO Travel- 2Go consolidates shipping lines such as Negros Navigation, SuperFerry, SuperCat, and CEBU Ferries. They offer fares to Boracay from Batangas Port for Php 460.00 per way. When you visit their booth, you get a souvenir photo via their photobooth.
- BATANES – Airfare: SEAIR offers Php 6,800 per way while SkyPasada offers Php 5,100 per way. A roundtrip ticket will cost you Php 13,600 for SEAIR and Php 10,200 for SkyPasada. But between the two, SEAIR has faster & safer flights. Travel Period is from June-October 2012.
- BELLAROCCA- For high-end travelers, Bellarocca offers a 5Days, 4 Nights accommodation for Php 70,000. Travel Period: June- December 2012.
- CORON- For barkada trips, lowest that I found was that of Coron Tours and Travel for Php 4,380 per person for a group of 6.
- EL NIDO- Php 3,125 per person for a 3day-2 nights stay via Coron Tours and Travel.
- MISIBIS BAY- Php 20,888 for a 3days 2nights Junior Suite Deluxe accommodation (June-December 2012).
- PUERTO PRINCESA- One Rover’s Place offers a package for Php 3,750 per person for a 3day 2 nights accommodation with Underground River and City Tour. A twin sharing room costs Php 850 /night.
The International Deals were worth checking out too. Their booth set-ups were also for photo-ops’ sake. Korea, Turkey, Malaysia, Macau, Guam, and Russia were some of the most eye-catching displays.
- AEROMEXICO- offers a package of $486/person (Php 20,412) for a group of 4 for a 6days/5 nights pilgrimage to the Church of Chimalistac, Barrio de San Angel, Convento del Carmen, Churrch of Santa Catarina, San Juan Bautista, Quarter Coyoacan, Basilica of Guadalupe, Church of San Miguel del Milagro, and the Basilica of our Lady of Ocotlan.
- GUAM-When you visit their booth, don’t forget to have your photo taken. They have a contest via their Facebook.
- INDIA- I visited their booth to get a free map for future reference.
- JETSTAR- This low-cost airline offers Manila to Singapore for $49/way (Php 2,058). It also flies to direct Manila to Darwin, Australia for $149/way (Php 6,258).
- KOREA- Jeju Air offers a package to Korea for 4days, 3 nights worth $888/person (Php 37,296). Korea is actively campaigning for tourists to visit its Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea from May 12- August 12 ,2012 with the theme, “The Living Ocean and the Coast.”
- MALDIVES- This is one of my dream beach destinations. But going to Kuramathi Island has a whooping price tag package of $ 1, 899/ per person (Php 79,758) for a 5days, 4 nights stay with airfare.
- RUSSIA- While roaming around, I found this booth worth taking a picture. It’s part of visualizing that someday, I’ll have my photo taken in Saint Petersburg with the real backdrop of The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood or the Resurrection of Christ Church.
- TIBET- Another interesting place worth exploring but it comes with an expensive price tag of $ 1,850/per person (Php 77,700) for an 11-day expedition. It includes a climb to Mt. Everest.
- TURKEY- You get free maps here.
Did I book? No. It’s one of those days that I wanted to do a window shopping. Nonetheless, I didn’t go empty-handed but got free maps. haha.
So if you’re visiting the travel expo, bring a large canvas bag, where you can put all the brochures and flyers. Or you can find free bags at SkyPasada, Resorts World booth or at the Malaysia booth.