It’s been three years since the Bacolod-Silay Airport welcomed tourists like me. Since 2007, the Bacolod-Silay Airport has been the gateway of Negros Occidental, replacing the old Bacolod City Domestic Airport.
First-timers often ask: how do I get to Bacolod City from Silay airport? I’ve searched the web before my trip and found this helpful link from Habagatcentral.com.
It gave me the idea not to take a cab and choose the van instead. I approached the staff at the Information Desk just before the exit door. She gladly pointed where the vans were stationed. The driver asked where my destination was and assisted me with my bag.
The ride from Silay Airport to Bacolod City took around 30-45 minutes. The standard rate is Php 150.00 but one of my co-passenger, who is a Bacolod native, said that it should just be Php 100.00. The drivers increased their rates because of the Masskara Festival (every October).
Route: Airport- SM City Bacolod (You may also ask the driver to drop you at your hotel if it’s along the way)
- Cost: Php 150.00 (Peak Season) Php 100.00 (Off-peak)
- Time Travel: 30-45 minutes
- Pro: Relatively cheap as compared with the cab fare
- Con: Public transport/ riding with other passengers. You have to wait for your turn before you can be drop off at your destination.
If you’re on a tight budget, I highly recommend this transportation.
Transportation: Cab/ Taxi
- Route: To your chosen destination
- Cost: Fixed Rate Php 500.00
- Time Travel: It depends
- Pro: Private vehicle. You get to your destination as soon as you want to.
- Con: Expensive.
Advisable only if you’re with a large group (3-5). Hence, you can divide the cost among yourselves.
Other helpful link: Airport Website http://bacolod-silayairport.com/
Kari sa Bacolod!
The City of Smiles